In the 21st Century, many style superstars have emerged in the public eye. From the Kardashians to the Hadid sisters and Karlie Kloss, fashion has moved forward with these celebrities leading the way. Even with all of their success, there is still one person who outshines them on the fashion stage…mom-to-be, Rihanna.
Riri is a style icon that has made a bathrobe look like an evening gown and even made a denim mini skirt work as a crop top. She follows her own style rules and watches as the public tries to steal her various looks.
To put it simply, Rihanna is an icon in the fashion world. From music to fashion and beauty, she seems to take command of every corner of the universe. She founded her own label, Fenty, in 2019 in partnership with LVMH (a French luxury conglomerate). In fact, the singer had the first house established by the group since 1987. She also became the first woman of color to have her own label under the umbrella of LVMH.
One of the things that makes her a fashion star is that she does not wait for red carpet events or fashion galas to showcase her fashion risks. Riri is known for her street style as much as she is known for her fashion choices at awards shows and concerts. In addition, she has remained a fashion inspiration because she has always stayed true to her instincts and combined the latest fashions with her own sense of style.
Let’s discuss some of the most iconic Rihanna outfits of all time as well as celebrate the Bad Girl herself:
- While others might need a shirt, Rihanna has been spotted out in public wearing a bra as a shirt. Think back to the time she combined her shirt/bra look with fishnets and a belted leather blazer. It might not sound like a proper outfit, but the Barbados beauty made it work and made others jealous of her fashion sense.
- The combination of track pants with a blouse seems like a disaster in the making but Rihanna pulled it off. The track pants provided a streetwear touch to a look that could be a little too “girly” for almost anyone else.
- When you do not have a shirt ready to go when it is time to go out on the town, simply steal a shirt from your guy and head out in public. She added a belt, a peak at her breasts and Lucite heels to form a fashion look that was desired by the public.
- Got a little black dress that works in a nightclub? Want to see if it also works when the sun is out in the middle of the day? Rihanna decided to take her black dress and pair it with sneakers and a fanny pack to make an outfit that works during all times of the day or night.
- Don’t be afraid to wear pink even if the desired look is “edgy” and “punk.” Rihanna decided to wear some pastels, a slicked-back hairstyle and some feathers and she became a vision in pink that still had a style that warned others not to mess with her.
- After wearing a bra as a shirt, Riri took the lack of a shirt a step further by wearing a bralette under a button-up blazer without wearing a shirt with the blazer. Her top was combined with destroyed jeans for a low-key, high-fashion moment.
- Denim never goes out of style and Rihanna has proven this fact many times in the past. The combination of a denim skirt and a denim crop top provided a good balance between showing some skin and leaving a little bit to the imagination.
- The general idea about wearing a suit is that it should be form-fitting on the body. She took a chance with an oversized suit and looked glamorous while wearing it. Keep this in mind when looking for clothing at the local thrift store.
- People that are running late often throw on a statement jacket or blazer to try and complete an outfit and head out the door. Throw the statement jacket over jeans and a t-shirt (just like Rihanna) and you instantly have a cool look that is fashionable and easy at the same time.
- If there is one constant with her looks, the use of XL hoops has been seen in many of her outfits. The addition of XL hoops instantly adds a cool factor to any look whether it is a red carpet appearance or a casual look in the middle of the day.
- A bathrobe as a dress could be considered a look and it could also be considered a lifestyle choice. Rihanna added a belt and feathered heels to make her the queen of this unexpected style.
Looking back at the past Rihanna looks shows there is nothing that can be expected when it comes to her future style choices. She is rightly considered to be a fashion icon and that does not appear to be changing at any point in the near future.